P/T Content Specialist
PART-TIME CONTENT SPECIALIST
Be a part of our creative machine and help us change the way people experience the web. At CMDS, we’re passionate about creating good business solutions for our clients through use of good messaging, design, and user experience.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a motivated, passionate and detail-oriented human to join our team and work in a fun and creative environment. As a Part-Time Content Specialist, you will be an important part of the process and team at CMDS. You will work closely with the Director of Marketing and other team members to upload blog articles and email newsletters for clients. We are looking for someone with high energy and a positive vibe who works well in a fast-paced environment, has strong people, writing and editing skills as well as impeccable attention to detail, time management and organization skills. In a nutshell, if you fit this description and you’re a rockstar, apply!
- Proofread all content for spelling errors, grammatical accuracy, and other issues.
- Perform content ingestion of blog content / articles primarily within the WordPress platform for accounts and CMDS.
- Optimize all ingested content for basic SEO standards (i.e. meta-titles, meta-descriptions, alt-tags, URL structure, H1/H2, cross linking opportunities) prior to pushing live.
- Upload content into email providers (i.e. MailChimp / Constant Contact), stylize as necessary, manage email lists, ensure accuracy of email both in content and design across multiple environments, deploy email to designated lists.
- Organize and follow up on action items after participating on calls and attending meetings, or as directed.
- Manage telephone and email communication, prioritize tasks when necessary.
- Take on ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Experience with utilizing WordPress content management system
- Experience with MailChimp, Constant Contact, or other email deployment systems
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization strategies and best practices
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Google Docs
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines
Most Important Characteristics!
- You are motivated to constantly learn and grow and take on additional responsibilities and/or new projects.
- You possess a great team focused attitude with ability to work collaboratively with others.
- You accomplish routine and habitual tasks diligently with care and attention to detail.
- You’re a hands-on problem solver.
- You know how to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- You’re a top notch communicator (whether by telephone, e-mail or in-person).
This position is a part-time hourly position (~20 hours per week) with flexibility in timings (EVERY Friday is off). Rate is dependent on experience.
HOW TO GET THIS JOB
- A unique cover letter that explains why you would be perfect for this position. We can smell boilerplate letters from a mile away, so show us you really want this.
- Your resume emphasizing any pertinent experience you have related to this ad.
- Answer this question: What is it about CMDS that attracts you?
Please send the above items with subject “I’m your Content Specialist”. Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!